[rescue] withdrawn:: re: absinthe available for rescue'ers ....

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 13:22:49 CST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:48:56 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>    Not from drinking a bottle or two, no...But the stories of insanity
> from people who've become addicted to it are commonplace.

The stories I've heard about absinthe insanity and poisoning are
remarkably similar to those resulting from severe alcoholism and
alcoholic poisoning. Absinthe with thujone has been available for many
years across Europe ... and I haven't heard any recent stories about the
problems of Absinthe. Indeed homemade Absinthe was continually made in
Switzerland (illegally of course) which is far more likely to be
problematic, but Switzerland doesn't seem notorious for large bands of
insane Absinthe fiends.

The legal reaction against Absinthe looks suspiciously like a knee-jerk
reaction.

I've set followups to geeks ... to keep Bill half-happy :)