[rescue] Mac diagnosis

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Tue Mar 9 23:29:52 CST 2004

On Mar 10, 2004, at 12:04 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Should a PCI Mac be able to use just any PCI video card?  If so, I have
> a number of spares around of various types (a couple of S3 Trio64Vs
> and a Matrox Millennium II).

Does the mac have a KUDA button on the mainboard? Try that one too. I
had some issues with an older mac with a g3 upgrade and I had to use the
kuda button to get it going.

If the matrox card is flashed with a mac firmware it will work. I do
not think
any regular PCI video card will work if it does not have mac firmware.
You
can see if you can snag a twin turbo or a mac flashed matrox card
somewhere.

Flashing a matrox back then was easy but you needed a working mac to do
so. Download the matrox driver/flash and run it and after restart you
could use
dual heads or only the matrox card.

-- Thomas