[rescue] suitability for use question

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Mon Mar 8 20:37:44 CST 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 02:17 pm, Dan Duncan wrote:

> Sony CDX565MXRF.  It appears to be available in the $150-$200 range now.
> The trunk unit has wires for power, a wired head unit (with IR eye),
> and the antenna injector which goes between your antenna lead and
> your current radio.  Quick install.  The head unit has very basic
> controls, but the display is great.  The IR remote has lots more
> controls.

I'll have to look this one up...

> I would definitely buy it again.  They make a unit that wires into
> an existing stereo as a changer, but I wanted that stock look so
> I have the RF model wired into a factory AM/FM with SATURN on the
> front of it.  NO ONE would steal that! (I hope)

Yeah, I agree on that.  Knowing that I'm tempted to upgrade the truck, I'm not
so anxious to upgrade the radio, but then again the factor CD player is
kaput, and that won't help resale.  If I do upgrade the head unit, it would
be a CD player that can control a trunk-mounted CD changer (or MP3 jukebox,
why doesn't someone make one like this, Pioneer and Sony??) Not that a new
head unit is going to boost resale, but having my in-dash CD player back
would be handy.

Remember the Empeg project?  Linux in-dash tuner/player?  I forget who bought
it out, but they pretty much canned it after purchase.  Sucks.  I wanted one.

-E.