[rescue] Re: SGI visual workstation question

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Mar 5 20:22:32 CST 2004

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your feedback on this, especially the info about Win2k HAL
selection.

FWIW the system I'm looking at is fairly well configured with quad 550MHz/
1MB procs, 1GB RAM, and a 1600SW panel (direct attach, no multi-link
breakout). There are also some non-SGI parts including an internal CD burner
and a ZIP drive etc. I must confess that I've always had a hankering for one of
these machines and having an employee who needs access to Windows
software gives me a convenient excuse to buy one!

I'll post some links to pics and configuration info once the machine arrives
and is installed.

Best regards,

Gavin