[rescue] SGI visual workstation question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Mar 5 11:02:24 CST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Martin Wedel wrote:

> Correct. There is a (hidden) boot option when you start the win2K
> install that will bring up a menu to let you select the hardware
> architecture that you are loading.

It's been a long time since I installed Windows 2000 Professional, but I
seem to remember the last few installs of Windows 2000 Server always
confirming the proper HAL for the system (typically ACPI Uniprocessor
PC).

FWIW, the HAL type for SGI MP systems is internally refered to as
"Borg".  Makes you wonder, eh?

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."