[rescue] 24 bit video for Ultra 1/170 ?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Mar 3 17:43:03 CST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Michael Decerbo wrote:

> What is my easiest and cheapest option for getting some kind of 24-bit
> video?

Upgrade to a U1e or U2.  I don't recall anySun 24-bit video options for
sbus that weren't dog slow (like leo).

> I see a "501-4127" card on eBay for ten bucks; is that a good solution?

It'd great...if you have a 170E.  That card is UPA, not sbus.

> Will I need 2.5.1 install CDs from someplace?

I don't even thing creator gfx is supported in Solaris prior to 2.6, but
I could be wrong, and there were probably unbundled drivers to make it
work, anyway.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."