[rescue] E220R stop a problems

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Tue Mar 2 19:57:56 CST 2004

   On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, dave venable wrote:

> I have a e220r and have placed the key in the run position, plugged
> in the keyboard and setup a tera-term connection. I have also tried
> with the keyboard unplugged, and just the terminal. No joy. I cannot
> get a stop a command to work.

   With no graphics bits and no keyboard plugged in, the machine
should start talking through serial port A.  Given that, you should
be able to shove a <BREAK> at it through that port to drop the system
to an "ok" prompt.

   I'm not familiar with Tera-Term, but if you can get it to send a
<BREAK> (i.e. deliberately cause a massive framing error) then the
Sun machine should drop to "ok".