[rescue] forgive me father, for I have sinned

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Mar 1 18:32:31 CST 2004

I just bolt-cuttered the cables to, and threw in the construction dumpster,
the major components of an auspex NS7000 (I think that was the model).  Main
VME card cage, drive shelves, power supplies, the whole enchilada.
I couldn't afford the space to keep storing it for Dave McG anymore. 8-(
(and yes, I went over this with him before disposing of said equipment)

I also tossed a dual-8" DEC floppy drive unit (RK01, something, whatever
the low-density model is.  I'm too tired to look up specifics).

I tried to find homes for all of this (other than the Auspex) before tossing
it.  Everything I threw away has sat in my garage for at least a year...

I have a PDP-8/A-500 front fascia/panel if anybody needs one.

Bill (failure as a collector, but I saved anything uncommon, and at least my
 garage is clean.. JP and Doc Shipley can attest that that fact, in itself, is
 quite an achievement..)

Tomorrow I rip up the nasty carpet that the dog pissed on, and we pressurewash
the concrete floor.  After that, I get to think about cheap floor covering of
some sort.

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net