[rescue] SGI R10K autoboot

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Tue Jun 29 17:54:14 CDT 2004

I've got two R10k SGIs (a Challenge L and an Indigo2) and neither will
autoboot.  They both stop at the system menu and want console input before
they will continue to boot.  Once you do that, though, they boot fine.

I'm unable to figure out why they won't autoboot.  The nvram stuff is the
same as for my R4k SGIs, and they all autoboot just fine.  I surmise that
something about the R10K units wants a different setting, but I don't know
what.

Can someone whose R10K Challenge or Indigo2 autoboots send me a list of his
nvram settings?  I think that (as root)

	nvram | sort | mail shel at cmhc.com

would be sufficient.  I promise to keep confidential anything not relating
to autobooting, of course.

Thanks.

-Shel
--