[rescue] Sun Ultra AXi and USB

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Mon Jun 28 12:36:07 CDT 2004

A few months ago, I picked up a Tatung COMPStation U10, which is
basically a Sun AXi mb in a Tatung branded ATX case.

($100 for the box w/a US IIi 360Mhz, 512MB RAM, no HD).

Anyways, I want to use this system through my USB KVM switchbox,
so I picked up an Adaptec USB card (USB2Connect 4000 USB 2.0 card)
that's listed on Sun's PCI compat page
(http://www.sun.com/io_technologies/PCI.html).  I can see the card
from the OpenBoot prompt, but that doesn't mean much.  My KVM just
blinks at me when I've got that console selected.

Once the OS (Solaris 9 4/04) loads, it sees the card, sees the USB
keyboard & mouse, but then it complains that multiple keyboards & mice
aren't supported.  Of course, if I boot w/o the Sun keyboard plugged in,
it goes straight to serial console mode.

Anyone know any magic?

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org