[rescue] Re: [geeks] ANYONE WANT A GMAIL ACCOUNT?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Jun 26 12:24:57 CDT 2004

Wed, 23 Jun 2004 @ 16:46 -0500, Mike Parson said:

> My favorite keyboard before this one was the Northgate Omni-key 101.
> Still have it, built like a tank.  Works on my PC, Mac, and Amiga.  I
> think I paid about $150 for it back in 1995 or so.  It had some serious
> click to it, individual microswitches on each key, etc.  Northgate is
> gone, but someone else is out there producing clones of them.

I loved those things.

I have an IBM Model M which is pretty good though.

I used to use Focus keyboards, but after awhile their switches kept
dying on me after about a year.  Don't know if it was a QC issue, or the
dealer I bought them from was selling junk.

It spooked me enough to just stay away from them.

One of my favorite keyboards was the original heavy keyboard DEC shipped
with their Alphastations.  They were great.

Then they moved to a lighter model that was too light and the feel was
not very good.  They are usable, but not like the first ones.

I can't find anything but the later models now, and don't know the model
number of the good ones.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["That which is overdesigned, too highly
specific, anticipates outcome; the anticipation of outcome garantees, if