[rescue] Problem with serial port on Sun

David L Kindred (Dave) d.kindred at telesciences.com
Thu Jun 24 07:53:02 CDT 2004

    Jay>  bad handshake ''

    Jay> From reading the documentation, it looks like I could fix this
    Jay> if I had a keyboard and display, but I don't. Is there some way
    Jay> to fix this with only a serial terminal?

I'm taking a SWAG here, but if by "handshake" it's referring to "proper"
control lead discipline on the serial port control leads then you should
be able to establish communications with a suitably jumpered connection.
I've never looked at an E250 so I don't know how the port is configured,
but generally looping RTS to CTS and DSR to DCD to DTR is sufficient to
just make it work, unless for some same reason it wants to see
transitions rather than steady states.

--
David L. Kindred
Unix Systems & Network Administrator