[rescue] WTT: DEC Stuff for x86 rackmounts, or...

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Mon Jun 21 12:27:24 CDT 2004

Hello everyone,

 Have some Dec Alpha stuff I'd be interested in trading for something that
would be more useful to me. More useful would be good condition x86 PIII
2u or 4u rackmount servers, compaq disk arrays that contain 9gb or 18gb
disks (1" ones, not half height ones). Or would take cash.

Contains alphaserver 2 x 2100, 2 x 4100 (two but one is severely parted),
storage arrays, HSZ50's, HSZ40s, etc. Includes a ton more Dec HSZ stuff
(8+ 40b cards, HSZ50 upgrade kits, plastic things to make rackmount
storageworks boxes deskside). Would like to move it all at once. Will fit
in penske/ryda'/uhaul w/ liftgate.

LOCATED IN VIRGINIA BEACH, 4 HOURS FROM DC.

The racks alone are probably worth dough. Locals are getting $350 each for
compaq half racks (Boooo to the 22U!). The alphaservers have alot of
option cards, but seem to lack ram boards. The disks are mostly 4gb. Can
get exact invetory for interested party.

Pics:

http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/geek/in/decracks/IMG_1934.JPG
 FRONT

http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/geek/in/decracks/IMG_1935.JPG
 FRONT OPEN

http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/geek/in/decracks/IMG_1936.JPG
 BACK

---------------:::

ALSO FOR TRADE:
 Cabletron Smartswitch 9000, dual 9W111 Cisco 4500 router cards (8 serial
each), FDDI (have 60+ ports worth! NEW CARDS even!, 100baseFX (24
ports?), 100baseT (12 ports?), 10baseT (96 ports).
Would trade for rackmount servers, broadcast TVs (Sony PVM-2030) are
needed. Well, not really needed but.... we have way too many switches. I
have a ton of parts for this thing, spare PSUs, spare environmental
module, and about 15 cards new in box, mostly FDDI.

 http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/2-ebay/sold/ss9000/
 PICS

---------------+

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(dom)

If anyone has a Cabletron 7C04 style unit, I've got some FDDI cards and
maybe 24 port ethernets for them, they are yours for cost of shipping!!!!
Brand new in box even. I think 8 boards total.

FOR SALE:
 Challenge XL, 8 R10k 4mb cache CPUs, RAM, disks, IOS, 100baseT, etc. Near
perfect condition, Asking $500. Can take pics once it is unburied.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460