[rescue] Silicon Graphics Personal Iris.

Ishtar666 Ishtar666 at icehouse.net
Sun Jun 20 23:57:07 CDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:44:27 +1000, you wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:30:33 -0400, Caleb Shay <calebshay at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 02:30:02 +0100, Sevan / Venture37
>> <venture37 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I think that SGI will give you free copies of the o/s which the system
is
>> > licensed for, but dont quote me on that, i read it on a faq a while back
>>
>> In my experience, this is NOT the case.
>>
>> Caleb
>
>I believe you're right there Caleb...
>
>But where to find old versions of IRIX that is the question...
>
>Benjamin

Legit copies I think ebay is going to be your only option, although a
company specializing in old workstations might have a copy laying
around somewhere.  I'm not sure if Irix is automatically licensed to
the machine, such as older versions of AIX were; if so, you can
probably find a backup image on a multitude of Hotline servers.  Try
http://hotline.tracker-tracker.com/public/ for more help there.