[rescue] Tektronix Phaser 840 plus

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Wed Jun 16 21:09:50 CDT 2004

> Just rescued this baby out of the hands of a bad bad dumpster. It's just
> warming up. So far so good. I hope it didnt get damaged during the rain
> and looks like the plastic to the right has a dent/crack. But so far so
> good. *excited*
>
> -- Thomas

Good luck! I was given a phaser 340. Had high hopes, bought a set of
colorstix (aka gold nuggets, they are worth more than gold it seems).
A few of the jets seem to be clogged and I don't know how to fix it. I
upped the crystal drive strength on the unit and a few started working,
but not many. I backed it down per recommendations of not frying the print
head.

Neat printers, we could use one for printing some marketing materials. But
eBay supplies is a must. The gov't should be banned from buying the
supplies. Gov't offices will regularly drop $1k+ for some supplies.

To give you an idea, the printers will eat ~$100 in supplies if it is
power cycled 8 times.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460