[rescue] U2 UPA framebuffer?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 16 16:11:49 CDT 2004

> From: mrl <vlack-lists at vlack.com>
> Date: 2004/06/15 Tue PM 11:27:40 GMT
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: [rescue] U2 UPA framebuffer?
>
> On this list a while back there was a mention of the recommended/best
> UPA framebuffer for an Ultra 2, but I can't for the life of me find it
> in the archives. Which one is it?
The Elite 3D-m6 is the best I'm aware of - it takes up two slots, and is basicly a "vertical" UPA card chopped in half and stacked.

Anysystem.com sells them in some of the U2 bases they offer, and those systems tend to sell for reasonable prices...

The part is shared among U2, E450, and EXX00 systems, IIRC...

If you look at the sun system hardware book (link off sunhelp.org hardware info page) it describes the option a bit better...