[rescue] EMC question

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Jun 15 13:37:05 CDT 2004

> Hey
>
> I just rescued an EMC Celerra Datamover 507. I have to pick it up this
> week now here is my question. Are those things usually on wheels? The
> thing weights 6-700 pounds and well wheels would be usefull :-)

All the pictures I can Google up show wheels.

> Any other suggestions on moving it? I have an Ford F150 pickup truck
> available but I guess I would need to rent some truck that has a
> liftgate?

Or a couple of strong backs.

Here's a good question though - are you getting the EMC software with it?
If not I suggest either stealing it or dumping this on someone who has the
software.
Just a thought - things may have changed but last I heard these were
tought to use without the software.
Mike Hebel
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight