[rescue] solaris 9 and Dell Poweredge 4300 with PERC raid

Geoff Koehler koehler at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 15 00:26:32 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I recently picked up an old Dell Poweredge 4300 with a PERC2 raid card-
its actually a rebadged adaptec card.  Ive decided to run Solaris 9 on
it, but cant get solaris to recognize the raid card.  It uses the
percraid (adaptecs aacraid) driver - Ive loaded the driver and can run
the afacli configuration utilities to build a raid-5 set.  Now - I cant
get Solaris to see the new disk-set.  It builds it on /dev/rdsk/c4t0d0,
but I "format ..." returns a "No disks found!" error.  Im missing
something...  Anyone have any ideas??    Ive tried re-configuring the
OS (boot -r), but that doesnt work either.
Cheers,
	Geoff

Geoff Koehler
Saskatoon, SK, Canada.