[rescue] Cisco PIX firewall parts FS/FT

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jun 12 00:01:24 CDT 2004

A few months ago, I built my own "FrankenPIX" Cisco PIX firewall
out of spare parts:

http://www.ciscohelp.org/frankenpix.php

Since then, I've acquired a "real" PIX 520, and have moved some of the
"FrankenPIX" components into that machine.  I've got the remaining parts
for sale.

- 1 Cisco 520 2MB flash RAM card (removed from PIX 520)
- 1 Intel SE440BX-2 ATX (P2/P3 Slot-1) motherboard
- 1 Intel Pentium II CPU, 266Mhz, with heat sink and fan
- 1 generic PC floppy disk drive
- 2 Intel EEPro 10/100base-T (82557/82558 chipset) PCI ethernet cards
- 2 64MB PC100 SDRAM DIMMs

With these parts  and an ATX case and power supply, you can build your own
"FrankenPIX" for training and experimenting.

The 2MB flash card will store and run up to PIX OS v5.1.  VPN-3DES and
VPN-3DES-AES encryption licenses are available for free from Cisco (see
links at the URL above).

I'd like $200 for everything, shipping included.  Similar bundles are going
on eBay for around $300; the 2M flash card by itself appears to go for
around $125.

I'll also consider a trade for a Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX or nano-ITX
very-small-form-factor system with motherboard/ram/cpu/case/power supply.

Email me if interested.

Bill

--
bill bradford