[rescue] Sandia and Los Alamos Auction

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Jun 9 13:52:56 CDT 2004

Kevin asked:

> I've not seen an internal DAT on any recent macs.  Anyone know
> where they got the faceplate?

   Someone probably pulled it from an old G3 tower: it looks a little
pale blue to me. :7)
   When I got the first gray G4s at my last job, I couldn't find blanks
or alternate faceplates for the life of me. Company policy dictated that
I remove the internal Zip drive, so I ended up having to put heay
packing tape across the inside of the openings to prevent our genius
architects from stuffing floppies into 'em.
   I would laugh long and hard at people who called me over to point out
the holes they'd ripped in my bright orange note about not stuffing
anything into the hole because they'd, you know, thought they knew
better. Good times, good times...
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt