[rescue] FS: Sun 20" GDM-20D10 (13w3 connector)

Chunky chunky at trideja.com
Sun Jun 6 22:15:08 CDT 2004

Time has come for me to cut back on my hardware hoard... a good
friend suggested I send a post to the Rescue List.

I have a 20" Sun monitor (GDM-20D10) that has was rendered surplus a
few months ago after replacing it with a newer 20" monitor. The 20D10
is in perfect working order, aside from the picture being not quite
as sharp as it should be (as compared with a GDM-20E20, same tube,
different controls).

I was using the 20D10 with my PowerMac G3 thanks to a pair of
adapters (13w3 --> VGA? and VGA --> Mac db15) with no problems of any
kind.

The monitor supports a variety of resolutions, but it is not a
multisync monitor and will not work with most modern gaming video
cards. I was only able to use it at 1152x870 @ 75Hz on my PowerMac
due to the adapters required. Compatible video cards must support
fixed resolution monitors (ie. resolution preset)...

That said...

I'm in the Vancouver, BC area, and would prefer a local buyer as I've
never shipped a monitor or anything remotely near the size and weight
of a 20" monitor.

Asking price:  $100, or best offer. Am open to trades, despite
wanting to cut back oh hardware hoard.

I may be able to deliver the monitor, provided it is convenient.