[rescue] 4d/310 confusion

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Thu Jun 3 13:02:08 CDT 2004

>Hey! Look what is on ebay:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11223&item=570222782
9&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

>Somebody has got to pick this puppy up! You can even upgrade to an IP15

I can likely get to it, for the guts or whatever, since it's only a couple
hours' drive from me.  What would it need (besides a raid array with some
disks in it) to be useful again?  I have enough raid enclosures with drive
carriers and such stuff, and I know I have a ton of smaller 4-9 GB drives...

I have zero experience with this class of hardware, and wouldn't have a
clue what to do with it.  Is it 220V, btw?  Not an issue, but if it is I'd
have to put a  220V power socket near it in the basement server rack
area....
--
Wes Will
Help Desk, SIUC