[rescue] Centronix to RJ45 (for terminal server)

James james at jdfogg.com
Wed Jun 2 21:28:02 CDT 2004

> Thomas Gallaway wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Does anybody have a few centronix to rj45 cables? I have an bay
> > networks annex three with 12 centronix  style ports and would need
> > some centronix to rj45 adapters for an public terminal cluster.
> >
> > If somebody has spare ones that would be cool. I need as much as 12 of
> > these.
> >
> > -- Thomas
>
> Hen's teeth are more common. You will proably need to make you some
> cables. 50 pin centronics with crimp connectors can be bought
> online easily.
>
> This is by far one of the best documents on the net with regards to
> annex 3 pinouts and serial in general:
> http://www.meadow.net/pinouts.html#annex3

Oddly, I have two solutions...

I have some harmonica blocks (Amphenol on one side, RJ45's on the other), or
I have Amphenol terminated 25pr cables (and I know the color codes) that you
can punch down to RJ45's on a patch block (find patch panels on ebay
cheeep). The harmonicas should be either 548A or B terminated (dont remember
which). I don't think they are USOC. Let me know which way I can help.