[rescue] Centronix to RJ45 (for terminal server)

trygve lode trygve at trygve.com
Wed Jun 2 20:46:33 CDT 2004

Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:

> No, they're actually 50-pin centronics-style connectors, like what some
> SCSI cables use.  The 50pin connector contains about 6-8 terminal
> lines, which you'd normally break out several DB25s.
>
> Of course, I used to have a bunch of the cables, attached to an Annex 3
> ("Xylogics", as it was from before they got bought up by the b*stards
> at Bay Networks).  I wouldn't have such a grudge against Bay if they
> didn't want hundred of $$$ for the software that goes with these
> things.

They do?  I have a few Annex 4000 units (with the same cables as you'd
described) and I'd just pulled the software that I'd needed down from
Nortel Networks (which bought Bay Networks, etc.)
http://www130.nortelnetworks.com/cgi-bin/eserv/cs/main.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0608305262.1086226431@@@@&BV_EngineID=cadckicmjikhbhkcginchgcgjg.0&level=2&category=23&subtype=&subcategory=2&dispType=byRange&alphaRange=R

I'm not sure what the difference is between the Annex 3 and the Annex
4000; they look about the same to me.