[rescue] Centronix to RJ45 (for terminal server)

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Jun 2 15:47:03 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 15:35, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > From: Thomas Gallaway <rescue at port11.net>
> > Date: 2004/06/02 Wed PM 08:24:20 GMT
> > To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> > Subject: [rescue] Centronix to RJ45 (for terminal server)
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Does anybody have a few centronix to rj45 cables? I have an bay
> > networks annex three with 12 centronix  style ports and would need
> > some centronix to rj45 adapters for an public terminal cluster.
> >
> > If somebody has spare ones that would be cool. I need as much as 12
> > of these.
>
> Centronics connectors are the large connectors on the back of
> printers, not the narrow 25 pin connector on the backs of "PCs" and
> workstations... Those are DB25 connectors (same connector as serial
> 25 pin serial ports).
>
> I assume you need RJ45 -> DB25 connectors...

No, they're actually 50-pin centronics-style connectors, like what some
SCSI cables use.  The 50pin connector contains about 6-8 terminal
lines, which you'd normally break out several DB25s.

Of course, I used to have a bunch of the cables, attached to an Annex 3
("Xylogics", as it was from before they got bought up by the b*stards
at Bay Networks).  I wouldn't have such a grudge against Bay if they
didn't want hundred of $$$ for the software that goes with these
things.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/