[rescue] SGI Crimson serial port help needed

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Tue Jun 1 08:33:15 CDT 2004

 From the man page for serial:

     The DB-9 female serial port connectors, which are found on the CHALLENGE
     and Onyx systems, have the following pin assignments.

                                -------------------
                                \  5  4  3  2  1  /
                                 \   9  8  7  6  /
                                  ---------------

                         ____|______|____________________
                          2  | TD   | Transmit Data
                          3  | RD   | Receive Data
                          4  | RTS  | Request To Send
                          5  | CTS  | Clear To Send
                          7  | SG   | Signal Ground
                          8  | DCD  | Data Carrier Detect
                          9  | DTR  | Data Terminal Ready

Can anybody confirm that is the case also for the Crimson? Maybe
somebody has a Challenge or Onyx and a crimson that are known working
and can verify this... I'm not getting anything on the serial on my
Crimson, and I suspect a problem with the IP17 or IO3B board... (no
spare on that IO3B so I cant verify)

Thanks,
Francois