[rescue] A Question about Snap Servers

mrl vlack-lists at vlack.com
Sat Jul 31 17:11:02 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 17:24, Bob Keyes wrote:

> For the above described application, I had to buy seperate SATA
> controllers; the motherboard didn't come with them built in. I couldn't
> find a place that had 4 ports SATA cards that had all the connectors
> inside, so I had to go with 2 separate cards

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=16-102-028&depa=0

A tad pricey, but not unreasonable. I have one, and it works under linux
(although it's frunstrated how much stuff they shove under the "SCSI"
driver without telling you. 3ware? yep. SATA? yep.). Haven't tried other
OSes, and I actually only have one drive on the card at the moment.

Speaking of 3ware, has anyone ever stuck one in a sparc64 box before?
I'm trying to play with software RAID in NetBSD/sparc64 over my
slow-at-raid5-and-other-raidlevels-too Escalade 6800, and my lack of BSD
knowledge isn't helping. Really, I just want to know if anyone else has
done anything like this before.