[rescue] PS/2 GPIB available

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Jul 29 22:31:08 CDT 2004

I know someone on this list was interested in GPIB stuff.  If anyone
wants these let me know. (Forwarded from another list)

Subject: Re: Various IBM PS/2 models available
Date: Tuesday 27 July 2004 07:36 pm
From: Patrick Finnegan
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>

On Monday 26 July 2004 22:22, David V. Corbin wrote:
> Possibly interested in the 50Z. Do you have a complete inventory of
> the machine handy?
>
> Also any MCA slave processors? [e.g. GPIB (smart), DSP]
>
> David

I picked up a couple of PS/2's (IIRC, a model 70 and Model 56) with GPIB
cards in them, the cards seem to have a lot of logic on them, including
a TMS9914 GPIB controller.  If anyone's interested (David
especially :), let me know, I'd be willing to send off the card + a
hard drive image (or copy of the files from them) for a reasonable
price if they work.  :)   They have labels on them with the company
name "TA Instruments" and one is labelled "Thermal Analyst 2000" and
the other "Thermal Analyst 2100".

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/