[rescue] More Indigo Problems

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jul 25 12:53:16 CDT 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Ethan O'Toole wrote:

> (Anyone ever notice the standard Indigos would crap out a "AC power lost"
> before the power in the caps would run out, when you yank out the power
> cord? Is that ingenious or what?

Sure.  But if the power came back too quickly, they'd spazz out until
you yanked power for a few minutes.  I've had that happen more than a few
times with my Indigo2/KI.

> Does it manage to fire off a syslog message on the network as well?)

I dunno if there's enough time to fire it out across the network, but
I'm pretty sure it makes it to the local syslog.

> Anyone wanna buy a 8 R10k Challenge XL?

I love to have a running Challenge, but I'm trying to get rid of the
pieces of my non-functional Challenge.  Anyone want to buy a couple
4xR10k CPU boards, or a 2GB memory board, or an IO4 full of
differential SCSI?  I've got some 512MB boards, as well, but they're not
pulling anything on ePay, so I'll probably just keep them around because
they look neat.

--
Jonathan Patschke )"We're Germans and we use Unix.  That's a combination
Elgin, TX        (  of two demographic groups known to have no sense of