[rescue] Apple Network Server 700/150 (AIX) on eBay

mrl vlack-lists at vlack.com
Sun Jul 11 23:25:35 CDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 21:01, Steve Hatle wrote:
> It's too bad he doesn't list the actual installed configureation of the
> machines. Having or not having more RAM, drives, sleds, etc. can really make
> a difference on how functional the machine is, and the price.

yeah. he *does* say on every auction that it's w/o the DAT drive.

> That being said, a $299 BIN is not outlandish, but would be a much better
> deal if the machines were loaded. I'm realizing that I got a great deal on
> mine considering it was full of disk, RAM, etc.
>
> If you want one, get one. They're cool. I run NetBSD on mine and it's solid
> as a rock.

Yeah. I just already spent ~400$ on computer stuff this month...
"maybe next paycheck" :)

For curiousity's sake, why NetBSD and not AIX? No ANS install discs?

I've always wanted to run linux+mac-on-linux+system7 inside one of those
things. *then* tell me they won't run Mac OS! :P