[rescue] Re: Are Sun A5x00 arrays fabric compatible?

Scotty Logan swl at catbert.net
Fri Jul 2 01:12:51 CDT 2004

On Jun 30, 2004, at 9:06 AM, ghub005 wrote:
> Yep. There is a single zone defined on the 2800, and the zone contains
> every
> single switch port. The switch is known to be working as it formerly
> had a
> Dell/Clariion array on it and the 280r could see that with no
> difficulty.

How are the switch ports configured?  The ports connected to the array
will have to be set to FL (loop) rather than F (fabric), since AFAIK
the Ax5x00 is not fabric compatible.  There are certainly ways to
connect FC-AL devices to FC-SW hosts - I've done it with LTO1 drives
and 420Rs, but not with Brocade switches.  See if you can find
documentation on Brocade's QuickLoop feature - I think it's what they
call their FC-AL to FC-SW "bridging".

   Scotty

--
Never take life seriously - Nobody gets out alive anyway