[rescue] ISO ultra 30

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 13:17:15 CST 2004

--- Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2004, at 12:01 AM, Scott Newell wrote:
>
> > I've got a funding source lined up, so I'm looking for an
> > ultra 30.
> > Thought I'd check the list before jumping on something like:
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3074358989
> >
> > Anybody looking to dump one?
>
> The BIN seems a little high to me, but it might not be - it is
> complete, after all.

Complete? No HD, no CD-ROM - looks like a near-complete system.

Also, the difference between a 250 MHz CPU with 1 Meg cache and the
more typical (in my limited exp.) 300 MHz CPU w/2 Meg cache is
non-trivial.

> And, no, I'm not dumping any U30s.  I tend to hold onto good
> systems.

U30s are good systems, esp. for desktops, if you toss a couple
framebuffers into the case and go dual-headed 8^)

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall