[rescue] WTB: Two Intel eepro100 PCI NICs

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Fri Jan 30 14:54:42 CST 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 15:39, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366
wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 10:54:56AM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > > Anybody have a pair of Intel eePro 10/100baseT PCI NICs lying
> > > around? Must have S82557 chipset...
> >
> > Goodwill has them for $5/ea.
>
> BTW if anyone has about 10 of these 10/100 PCI nics that they want to
> sell for under $5 apiece, please contact me off list.  They work in
> Linux/*BSD quite well and not total pieces of crap like the RealTek
> chips.

Maybe it's just the ones we've got here, but that's definately not true
in my experience.  All of the compaq Deskpros we use as cluster nodes
have eepro100 cards in them, and while they seem to work ok in the
Compaq machines, they occasionally work for upwards of 10 mintues if
put in a different machine.  Perhaps it's because they're Compaq OEM'd,
but I'd rather have a 3Com, DEC Tulip-based, or NatSemi-chipset NIC
anyday.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS