[rescue] SGI O200

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jan 29 14:26:28 CST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Adam Breaux wrote:

> So what do you guys use them for? I see a lot of them going cheap on
> eBay today.

They'd make great PostgreSQL boxes if the the PG folks would pull their
collective head out of their ass and support IRIX in less of a half-
hearted fashion.

That aside, they make great, well, anything boxes.  They don't make a
great workstation, but they can handle a lot of load and have -massive-
I/O throughput for their size.  If I had one, it'd probably replace my
current mail+web+shell+dns+compile+pg+nfs box that happens to be an
Indigo2.  -That- is a box that's earned its keep several times over.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Some people grow out of the petty theft of
Elgin, TX         (   childhood.  Others grow up to be CEOs and