[rescue] OT: Coffee in .uk

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 12:03:55 CST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:01:56 +0000 (UTC), Peter Corlett wrote:
> Bzzt. It should be served at *cellar temperature*, which is about
> 14-160C, IIRC.

If your cellar is 160C, you've got a fire which tends to get rid of the
beer even faster than the most hardened drinker.

> disturbingly increasing trend in the UK. If it's very cold, you can't
> taste it, so what's the point in drinking it?

Given the frothy horsepiss found in most pubs, not being able to taste
it is an advantage. As to why buy it in the first place, well it's
probably that inane thing called fashion.

> Find a better pub by consulting the CAMRA Good Beer Guide (#12.99) or
> visiting one of the pubs suggested and picking up the local CAMRA
> newsletter(free).

Alternatively for the more adventurous you can try picking a beer that
seems like it's been named after a particularly viscious hangover (Old
Thumper, Rumblegut, etc.). You might not get a bitter, but you'll have a
better chance of a good drink than you might think.

> I'm looking forward to a nice pint of Old Peculier in one of

Sounds like you might not be working tomorrow :)