[rescue] OT: Water was: Coffee in .uk

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Jan 28 17:02:46 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:27:33PM -0800, Nadine Miller wrote:
> Drinking large quantities of water (regardless of your
> carb/protein/fat intake ratio) flushes water-soluble
> minerals out of your system, so it's important to monitor
> yourself to note if you need supplements.  My husband has
> to take calcium and potassium when in high water consumption
> mode, otherwise he gets severe muscle cramps.

True.  Having one of those chewy calcium things that are marketed to
women, or just a good quality multivitamin, seems to do the trick.

> As an aside, the low-carb diet works.  Don't let the "pro-
> fessionals" tell you it's a fad or dangerous.  I've received

It does work; the problem is when you walk into a supermarket and
realize that you can only buy about 2% of the products.

> are not willing to do your own cooking and you've got to
> have the budget to support it.  Stress and the lack of a
> budget are what got me off the wagon.

If you have the cash, the thing to do is to rotate through good
quality steaks, shrimp and salmon, and chicken, with the occasional
turkey, plus certain veggies.  And remember that you can eat up to 8
ounces of sour cream per day with that.

But the force of Krispy Kreme is strong within me...which causes me
problems.

--P