[rescue] SunHELP News: New server coming soon

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Wed Jan 28 10:50:02 CST 2004

Single power supply?

BTW, what kind of rack, is it a sunfire, 900 or some non sun rack? You
might be able to get a proper mounting kit for about the same as a
decent railed steel shelf. Another option is what we had done on a
Compaq rack we had. I work for a window & door manufacturer so we have
lots of material we can use. Used some aluminium rebar, cut it the
proper length, drilled horinzontal holes and drilled/tapped vertical
holes, mounted the rebar sections to the side mounts on the rack, then
put a 1" thick plywood on top and screwed. Looks like it could hold a
4800. :)

The challenge is finding an L-shaped steel or aluminium piece to rest
the plywood on.

Francois