[rescue] OT: Coffee in .uk (was: sformat a large drive under IRIX 6.5)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Wed Jan 28 03:39:31 CST 2004

Mike Meredith says ...

> As you've already now got a suitable binary (and I haben't had any
> caffeine yet), I won't look at rebuilding it.

Wot?  No tea?

Nah, I know you guys drink coffee.  I learned to drink coffee in .uk, some
years back.  I was there for the CTC Centenary in Harrogate, and at my
hotel, they gave me coffee with breakfast every morning ...

"Full English Breakfast?"

"Yes, please."

"Coffee or tea?"

"Tea, please."

<time passes>

"Here's your coffee, sir."

They were so nice, I didn't want to send it back.  Being the token Yank in
the hotel, I was getting lots of attention, and I suspect they couldn't
believe I'd rather have had tea.

Good thing I learned to drink coffee then, too, since I ended up marrying a
girl I met that week, and she was a real coffee-drinker.  Probably still is,
but we're not married anymore....

-Shel