[rescue] fx a large drive under IRIX 6.5

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 01:47:39 CST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:02:31 -0500, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> > http://blackhairy.demon.co.uk/sformat
>
> Ummmm, I downloaded it, and I dunno ...
>
> /usr/local/bin # file sformat
> sformat:        ELF N32 MSB mips-4 dynamic executable (not stripped)

Well that's a surprise! Somebody forgot the principle of least
astonishment (I didn't ask for mips-4 which you normally have to).
Nifty build system, but sformat is one of those things where being
clever isn't as useful as it normally would be.

As you've already now got a suitable binary (and I haben't had any
caffeine yet), I won't look at rebuilding it.