[rescue] fx a large drive under IRIX 6.5

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Tue Jan 27 17:04:21 CST 2004

Scott Newell says ...
> [I said] ...
>
> >The fx man page doesn't say diddley about changing the sector size while
> >formatting, though.  Does anyone know how to get it to do that?
>
> Seems like I've used sformat in the past to fix this kind of problem.

In searching the Rescue archives, I see that some dimwit named Sheldon T.
Hall had some IRIX disk problems a little over a year ago, and sformat was
the suggested fix.  This Hall goon said fx fixed his problem then, but he'd
remember sformat for his future needs ... but obviously he hasn't!

Does anyone know where I can get an easily-installable version of sformat
for IRIX 6.5?  I can't compile it from source because I don't have room to
install gcc, the very problem I'm trying to solve by installing the Fujitsu
disks that I need to format.

Now this is _fun_!

-Shel