[rescue] 270MB Syquest disk drive

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Jan 26 17:44:03 CST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> I rescued a tiny SCSI enclosure with Syquest 270 MB disk drive in it ... The
> drive is about the size of a floppy drive, but the disks are thicker. I have
> no disks for it. If plugged in and turned on, the lights come on.  Further,
> deponent saith not.
>
> I'd like to keep the enclosure, but 270 MB of disk won't simplify my life at
> all.   If someone can use the bare drive, make me an offer.

I have about 4 of these enclosures if anyone wants some.  They take a
floppy-sized drive and have dual centronics 50-pin SCSI connectors
on the back and a jack for an external power supply.  Yours for
shipping costs which I'll waive if you ship me something interesting[0]
in return.

-DanD

[0] IE, more useful to me than these

# Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of
# Congress.  But I repeat myself. -- Mark Twain