[rescue] %(#*^#(% soldered-down batteries...

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sun Jan 25 14:24:43 CST 2004

   Greetings, Gents.

   Does anyone here have any knowledge as to where a Tadrian TL-5186
battery can be had?  The one in my SGI Indigo IRIS went flat on me
and I need^W would like to resuscitate it.

   Making matters worse, the bloody thing is soldered onto the main
board (R4k).  Will someone please tell the designer that batteries
*DIE* after a while and *need* *to* *be* *replaced*!

   Assuming that a new one can't be had, does anyone know what the
minimum voltage is that's required to keep the Indigo clock ticking?
The "proper" battery is rated for 3.6V.  I'd like to move the bloody
thing off the mainboard and get it over with.  If a typical 3V
Lithium cell will work, that'd be the easiest....

   Cheers.