[rescue] A productive weekend...

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Jan 23 17:09:14 CST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> I know that IR can let you do something similar somehow.  Just not
> really sure how.  I think the IR can just drive a few displays directly,
> but I forget how many.  After that, you need more IR pipes, which would
> be problematic, I would imagine.

IR can drive a minium of 2 monitors, and a max of 8 (I think), it all
depends on which DG board you are using. I used to have two IR machines,
with the 2 choices of DG, the 8 monitor option also brings an extra '6
monitor" header to put in the machine to complement the native 2 monitor
output of the IR systems. No need for multiple pipes, unless you wanna go
to 8+ monitor configs.