[rescue] Elite3D Question

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 23 13:14:54 CST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:09:16 -0700 (MST)
John Bischoff wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> > ReiserFS users will adamantly deny this, and plenty will tell you
> > they have XXX days of uptime without errors.
>
> This is a wrong metric anyway.  Filesystems IME puke on mount/unmount.
> the proper metric here would be XXX mounts.

True.  I've had more ReiserFS failures than I care to recall - all of
them worked fine until you rebooted box, and then they failed on
mounting.

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all