[rescue] Elite3D Question

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jan 22 11:56:10 CST 2004

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 @ 17:39 +0100, Jochen Kunz said:

> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:03:16 -0500
> "Stephen Sukovich" <ssukovich at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know what wrong with the netbsd people... why
> > cant they put tab completion in their default shell to start off
> > with...
> I, for my part, think it is sick to use bash as /bin/sh like linux does.

Agreed... but at the time I think it was just used by default, and no
one ever bothered to change to something like ash, which NetBSD uses.

I personally wish there were ONE standard Linux distribution, and I wish
it smelled a lot like a BSD.

That doesn't stop other distributions from existing, but it would be so
nice to have a standard base OS that you always knew was there.

I have thought about rewriting my Slackware system's /etc to use ash,
but its a lot of work for little benefit if others don't use it.