[rescue] SunPCI II Interface Speed

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Jan 21 13:22:17 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 09:11:28PM +0200, sammy ominsky wrote:
> On ipe 21, 2004, at 21:09, James wrote:
>
> >Try turning off animation in your windoze menu. I believe the massive
> >amount
> >of video updating for the animating/scrolling of the popup menues is
> >killing
> >your performance.
>
> How does one do this?

Start by right-clicking on the desktop, select Properties, select
Effects, and turn off virtually everything.  Then select the "Windows
Classic" look and feel instead of the XP teletubby bloat layer.  Then
open up any folder, go to Options, select Windows Classic Folders, and
"Make all folders look like this."

There's a few things XP hides in different places.  You'll have to ask
someone who uses XP where the rest are.  I consider XP a downgrade from
2000 (mainly due to the "All your IP are belong to Microsoft" license,
the teletubby interface, and the staggering level of bloat), and have
never downgraded our 2000 boxen.

 : alaric at caerllewys.net|alaric-ruthven at earthlink.net|alaric at novylen.net  :