[rescue] Elite3D Question

Nathan Raymond nate at portents.com
Tue Jan 20 00:01:02 CST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Kevin Loch wrote:

> Am I the only one who remembers the horrors of trying to run games on an
> ATI card?  GTAIII and Fly2 come to mind.  And these were released games.

Yeah, amazing how fortunes can change, huh?  ATI has been prompt about
driver releases and with the Catalyst series starting with 2.5 I'd say
they've had almost entirely solid releases.

The game developer I'm working for is qualifying their internal alpha for
the publisher to test on the Radeon 9800 only, no NVIDIA products.  Also,
the XBox 2 is going to have ATI graphics, not NVIDIA (and an IBM PowerPC
processor of some kind running VirtualPC for backwards compatability).

- Nate