[rescue] Elite3D Question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 19 20:33:47 CST 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 07:07:37PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> ATI's cards are only marginally more expensive and do a much nicer job
> of 2D.  Their 3D isn't nearly as laggy as it used to be, either.

ATI can bite my ass due to lack of Linux support (and I'm not talking
XFree) on their high-end cards.

"oh, here's some drivers, but if they dont work on $MAJORLINUXDISTRIBUTION,
we dont want to hear about it nyah nyah nyah sorry that $500 video card isnt
supported under linux we dont support linux go away".

Meanwhile, I can download the NVidia drivers and have them work on any
card from a Riva TNT to a Quadro 980 XGL.  This is one of the reasons that
$WORK is no longer listing ATI high-end cards as certified/supported with
our software.

Bill

--
bill bradford