[rescue] Cluesticks (was Mounting and Dumping)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jan 19 12:14:24 CST 2004

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 @ 11:12 +0000, Mike Meredith said:

> I'm not sure high executive compensation makes a great deal of
> difference to the bottom line ... however ...

I've read studies that show in some products we buy executive
compensation is a large fraction of the cost.

Quite a few consumer products in your local Wal-Mart are almost 90%
executitive compensation, advertising, and other overhead.

Corporations are horribly inefficient, only slightly more efficient than
a government, which they resemble more than they differ from.

I mean think about it... how much can it really cost to make the same
watered down amonia in different colors?

The costs are *not* in the production.

> his hand in. He once said his main purpose as a manager was to stop
> other managers wasting our time.

There are good managers, but the fact that I have to sit and think, for
a long time, to list the ones I liked means that there aren't that
many.

Of course, I could just be a mean SOB, but I don't think I'm that bad as
long as I get enough sleep... :)