[rescue] SunFDDI

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jan 19 11:49:19 CST 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 12:40:56PM -0500, Michael Schiller wrote:

> Actually I found the way to get fddi cards to be recognized under
> Solaris 9. You have to modify the /etc/system file, and add the
> following line:
>
> set sunddi_netifname_constraints=0
>
> But it sounds like the problem Josh is having is finding the drivers
> for his earlier fddi cards. Sol 8 & 9 comes with the drivers for the
> later cards already installed, if the cards are the earlier ones he'll
> have to find the drivers.

Err, already installed?  Sun's web site made it look like the SunFDDI
packages only appeared on the software suplement CDs.

The two SunFDDI cards I'm trying to get working, one is definately a
SunFDDI 5.0 (that's in the Solaris 8 machine), and the other one is
either a SunFDDI 5.0, or a SunFDDI 4.0, I think.  It came with nothing
other than just the card, so I'm not really certain.

So far, I need to spend more time searching Sun's web site, I think.
I'm under the impression that virtually everything on the supplement CDs
is available for a free download, so hopefully this is as well.  I'm led
to believe that I likely want the SunFDDI 7.0 software.

If that fails, someone else sugested trying out my SunFDDI 5.0 software
on Solaris 8 saying that's what worked for them.

At the moment, I'm trying to get work stuff done, so I probably won't
seriously work on the SunFDDI stuff for at least another 4 hours.